1. The ever-generous folks at Chobani recently sent me a box of their new “flip” yogurts (plus a super soft tee-shirt and a cool yogurt spoon) to try.
I would rate them in the following order (1 being my favorite): Almond Coco Loco, Key Lime Crumble, Strawberry Sunrise, and Vanilla Golden Crunch. The coconut yogurt in the Almond Coco Loco was awesome! They should make yogurt cups of just the coconut flavor… SO good! The key lime flavored yogurt was okay, but the graham cracker crumbs and mini white chocolate chips were a great addition.
My one gripe is that there isn’t enough of the crunchy add-ins for any of the flavors… I say load ’em in ;).
2. I don’t know whether it’s because I’m still making up for 9 months without runny yolks or because it’s an easy meal to toss together with an infant snuggled on my torso in her sling, but I’ve been eating toast with mashed avocado and easy-over-eggs for lunch on more days than not.
I simply cannot tire of this delicious combination!
3. We had yet another huge storm blow through Eastern Massachusetts this past weekend. Our town was pounded especially hard, buried in 22 inches… though I’d count us lucky in comparison to some of the coastal towns, which suffered power outages and even houses quite literally falling into the ocean. Yep, for two days straight the local morning news focused almost solely on a couple of ocean-front houses that broke off from their foundations and collapsed partially into the waves below.
Makes me think twice about someday owning a vacation home on Cape Cod!
4. I finally caved in and bought a slow cooker (thanks to my in-laws for the Amazon birthday gift card!).
Before Lily was born, I admittedly thought slow cookers were a “cheaters” way of cooking. Dumping ingredients into a pot and letting it cook all day didn’t appeal to me when I had time on my hands to spend an hour or more making dinner every night.
Now that I’m a mom, I totally get the convenience factor!
I’ve started to collect slow-cooker recipes, and would love links to those you enjoy.
5. You know it’s been a looooong winter (see #3 above) when you roll down the car windows and feel like wearing a tee shirt on a 45° day. I’ve reached my threshold for snow, and am hoping that the mild weather forecasted for this week will melt it all away!
6. My mom is coming to stay with me next week while John is away on a business trip, and I am so excited! Even when you’re a mom yourself, there’s nothing like having your own mommy around for comfort, girl talk, and an overall good time :).