Monday mornings can be a bit of a drag, but what better way to start your week than with some delicious and nutritious food? We’ve got just the recipe to kickstart your week – a hearty and satisfying Egg Salad.
This dish not only offers a burst of flavors but is also a breeze to prepare. So, let’s dive into this Monday Musings + Egg Salad recipe and add some zest to your start-of-the-week routine.
|Monday Musings + Egg Salad
|12 minutes (for boiling eggs)
I actually prefer thin crust pizza, but this was a fun change of pace
I found a couple of great bathing suits that I’m actually excited to wear in Barbados next week. Both are Kenneth Cole Reaction (found at TJ Maxx & Marshalls) and are super flattering on my figure.
For any of you hourglass figures out there, these suits are really fantastic! The adjustable tie halter gives good support for a C/D cup size, and the length gives flattering coverage for us girls with hips. Unlike other one piece swimsuits with skirts, these are actually sexy rather than dowdy. The front dips down to reveal just enough cleavage, and the back is cut out to show off toned shoulders and lats.
Finally a bathing suit silhouette that I feel confident in
This week’s assignment for The Back Burner is “fast & delicious”… so I just had to go with my stand-by easy lunch: egg salad.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the Eggs
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water boils, remove the saucepan from the heat, cover it, and let the eggs sit for about 9-12 minutes for hard-boiled eggs or 6-8 minutes for slightly softer yolks.
- After the desired cooking time, transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool quickly.
2. Prepare the Dressing
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped celery, red onion, and fresh parsley.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning to your preference.
3. Peel and Chop the Eggs
- Once the boiled eggs are cool, peel them and chop them into small pieces.
4. Combine and Toss
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped eggs and the prepared dressing.
- Gently toss the ingredients until the eggs are well coated with the dressing.
5. Assemble the Salad
- To serve, line a plate or bowl with fresh lettuce leaves.
- Spoon the egg salad onto the lettuce.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado (if using).
- Serve the egg salad as a sandwich by placing it in a crusty bread roll or wrap, if desired.
- Your Monday Musings + Egg Salad is ready to be devoured! It’s perfect for a quick and nutritious lunch or a light dinner.
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 200 kcal
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 223mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 11g
Please note that these nutritional values are approximate and can vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes used. It’s always a good idea to calculate nutrition based on the exact ingredients you use in your recipe.