This is another recipe made with my husband in mind. What can I say the man loves ranch dressing and barbeque sauce toss in some jalapeno chicken pizza dough and cheese and John’s a happy guy!
|Name:||Jalapeno Ranch BBQ Chicken Pizza|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||12 minutes|
|Total Time||27 minutes|
|Yield||1 large pizza or 2-3 personal-sized pizzas|
This playful pizza is a conglomerate adaptation from two of my fellow bloggers, so thank you to Annie and Des for the inspiration! I slightly lightened Des’ recipe for Jalapeno Ranch Dressing by subbing in Greek yogurt for sour cream, and Annie’s recipe for Chicken Ranch Pizza by using reduced-fat shredded cheese. I tossed my own spin into the mix by coating the chicken with barbeque sauce, and Jalapeno Ranch BBQ Pizza was born.
*Disclaimer: we much prefer to roll out pizza dough and bake the crust, but what we had on hand for this meal was a pre-baked thin crust Boboli. These pizza “shells” suffice, but I recommend buying unbaked dough (or, better yet, making your own), whenever you make homemade pizza.*
Jalapeno Ranch BBQ Chicken Pizza
adapted from Annie’s Chicken Ranch Pizza (originally from Allrecipes) & Des’ Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Ingredients for the pizza
- 1 pizza dough, homemade or store bought, rolled out to desired thickness
- 1/4 cup jalapeno ranch dressing* (recipe follows)
- canola oil cooking spray
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce of your choice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded 2% part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded 50% reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat Your Oven
Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C). If you have a pizza stone place it in the oven while it preheats for even crisper crust.
2. Prepare the Pizza Dough
Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured or cornmeal-dusted surface to your desired thickness. You can make one large pizza or divide the dough to make personal-sized pizzas.
3. Assemble the Pizza
Brush the rolled-out dough with olive oil and sprinkle minced garlic if desired.
Spread barbecue sauce evenly over the dough as the base.
Sprinkle the shredded chicken evenly over the sauce.
Add the mozzarella cheese red onions and sliced jalapenos.
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake the Pizza
Carefully transfer the pizza onto a pizza stone or a baking sheet if you’re not using a stone.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, and the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
5. Add the Finishing Touches
Once the pizza is out of the oven drizzle ranch dressing over the top for a creamy and tangy contrast to the spicy jalapenos.
Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves for a burst of freshness.
6. Serve and Enjoy
Slice your Jalapeno Ranch BBQ Chicken Pizza into wedges or squares serve hot, and savor the incredible combination of flavors!
The Jalapeno Ranch BBQ Chicken Pizza is a taste sensation that blends the smoky sweetness of barbecue sauce the kick of jalapenos the creaminess of ranch dressing and the savory goodness of chicken. It’s perfect for gatherings game nights or simply when you’re craving a homemade pizza with a spicy twist. Give it a try and watch it become a new family favorite!
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 400 calories per serving
- Protein:25 grams
- Carbohydrates:35 grams
- Dietary Fiber:3 grams
- Sugars:7 grams
- Fat:20 grams
- Saturated Fat:7 grams
- Cholesterol:50 milligrams
- Sodium:1000 milligrams
Please keep in mind that these are rough estimates, and the actual nutritional content may vary based on factors such as the size of the pizza, the specific brands of ingredients used, and the portion size. If you have specific dietary concerns or requirements, it’s a good idea to calculate the nutrition using a nutrition calculator or consult with a registered dietitian for a more accurate assessment.
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Heat a cooking spray-coated skillet over medium/medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to hot skillet. Cook until just done, about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness), and remove to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. Toss chicken pieces with barbeque sauce until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the jalapeno ranch dressing on the rolled-out pizza dough. Top with an even sprinkling of the mozzarella cheese, the barbeque-coated chicken pieces, the cheddar cheese, and the green onions.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the pizza crust is lightly browned.
*Ingredients for the jalapeno ranch dressing
(yields 1/2 cup… you only need 1/4 cup for the pizza)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Combine the jalapeno and garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced.
- Remove the food processor lid and add in the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, ground coriander, and garlic powder. Process until well combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.