This is another recipe made with my husband in mind. What can I say… the man loves ranch dressing and barbeque sauce; toss in some jalapeno, chicken, pizza dough, and cheese, and John’s a happy guy!
This playful pizza is a conglomerate adaptation from two of my fellow bloggers, so thank you to Annie and Des for the inspiration! I slightly lightened Des’ recipe for Jalapeno Ranch Dressing by subbing in Greek yogurt for sour cream, and Annie’s recipe for Chicken Ranch Pizza by using reduced-fat shredded cheese. I tossed my own spin into the mix by coating the chicken with barbeque sauce, and Jalapeno Ranch BBQ Pizza was born.
*Disclaimer: we much prefer to roll out pizza dough and bake the crust, but what we had on hand for this meal was a pre-baked thin crust Boboli. These pizza “shells” suffice, but I recommend buying unbaked dough (or, better yet, making your own), whenever you make homemade pizza.*
Jalapeno Ranch BBQ Chicken Pizza
adapted from Annie’s Chicken Ranch Pizza (originally from Allrecipes) & Des’ Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Ingredients for the pizza:
- 1 pizza dough, homemade or store bought, rolled out to desired thickness
- 1/4 cup jalapeno ranch dressing* (recipe follows)
- canola oil cooking spray
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce of your choice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded 2% part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded 50% reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Heat a cooking spray-coated skillet over medium/medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to hot skillet. Cook until just done, about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness), and remove to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. Toss chicken pieces with barbeque sauce until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the jalapeno ranch dressing on the rolled-out pizza dough. Top with an even sprinkling of the mozzarella cheese, the barbeque-coated chicken pieces, the cheddar cheese, and the green onions.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the pizza crust is lightly browned.
*Ingredients for the jalapeno ranch dressing:
(yields 1/2 cup… you only need 1/4 cup for the pizza)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Combine the jalapeno and garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced.
- Remove the food processor lid and add in the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, ground coriander, and garlic powder. Process until well combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.