If you’re looking for a scrumptious and healthy side dish or appetizer that’s bursting with flavor and texture, look no further than these Baked Sweet Potatoes with Avocado & Goat Cheese Cream. This dish combines the natural sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes with the creamy richness of avocado and goat cheese. It’s not only a treat for your taste buds but also a nutritious choice for any occasion.
Included in this dish are three of my five favorite foods, rendering this recipe perfect for posting on my birthday (the big 2-8)!
Toss in some chocolate and peanut butter, and I’d be set for life.
These are so simple!
Step 1: bake sweet potatoes until tender.
Step 2: blend/process together avocado and goat cheese.
Step 3: pile the luscious pale green crema on top of the vibrantly hued orange sweet potatoes.
Step 4: devour.
Do I even have to spell out how perfect these flavors are together? Not to mention the play of cool and creamy against warm and velvety.
Sweet + rich + tangy + creamy + warm + cool = ♥. Pure and simple.
I’m considering it a birthday gift to myself ;).
|Name||Baked Sweet Potatoes with Avocado & Goat Cheese Cream|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 minutes|
|Total Time||45 minutes|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 ripe large avocado
- 2 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- water to thin crema, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub and dry sweet potatoes. Pierce potatoes a few times with a knife or fork. Lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place seasoned potatoes onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until soft, about 45-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, goat cheese, and citrus juice in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy, streaming in water (1 tablespoon at a time) until desired consistency is reached (I used just 1 tbsp). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are done, slice them lengthwise and top with avocado & goat cheese crema.
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 305 kcal
- Total Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin D: 0%
- Calcium: 81mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 849mg
Please note that these nutritional values are approximate and can vary based on factors such as the size of sweet potatoes, the amount of olive oil used, and the specific brands of ingredients. It’s always a good idea to consult a nutritionist or use a trusted nutrition calculator for precise dietary information, especially if you have specific dietary requirements or restrictions.