1. I’m currently in Kennebunkport, ME with my mom for the week; we’re enjoying a girl’s vacation with our dogs and I’m looking forward to enjoying morning and evening beach walks, hikes with the pups, meals that the boys (i.e. John & my dad) might not like, long talks, and an overall fantastic time with my mom!
2. A day or so after polishing off the Pumpkin S’mores Pudding in a Jar, I was craving the same flavors but was feeling too lazy to layer the ingredients and bust out the kitchen torch.
Into a ramekin went the remaining Pumpkin Chocolate Pudding topped with marshmallow creme and crushed graham crackers.
I want more.
3. After making – and devouring – Chocolate Covered Katie‘s single serving Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffin (baked in a ramekin)…
I stockpiled the rest of her recipes for single-serving muffins & cupcakes. Such a great idea to scale down a muffin recipe to serve just one!
3. Aaaaaand finally… I’m thrilled to share some exciting new with you this morning: I have joined a team of talented food bloggers over at The Back Burner blog of Key Ingredient! Every Monday I will be posting a healthy lunchtime recipe on The Back Burner, and I will provide the link to the recipe in my Monday Musings posts so you won’t miss anything.
When I decided not to go back to work this school year as a special educator, I didn’t have any specific freelance opportunities on the horizon… but I was determined to find a job doing what I love the most: creating, cooking, photographing, and writing about food. I am looking forward to sharing my recipes with an even wider audience, but I want to thank YOU for following this little blog that gives me so much joy :).
My first recipe is this Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Cider Vinaigrette.
Tender greens, crisp sweet apples, tart dried cranberries, buttery pecans, and both goat & blue cheeses are drizzled with a thick pumpkin cider dressing that you will want to dive into. Don’t miss the recipe!
|Name:||Monday Musings: Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Cider Vinaigrette|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||25 minutes (for roasting squash)|
|Total Time:||40 minutes|
|Yield:||4 large salad bowls|
For the Salad:
- 4 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, and kale)
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup sliced apples (Honeycrisp or Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
For the Pumpkin Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Estimated Nutrition per Serving
- Calories: 330 calories
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 22g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 200mg
It’s always a good idea to consult with a nutritionist or use a nutrition calculator for precise dietary information, especially if you have specific dietary requirements or restrictions. Enjoy your Harvest Salad!