Here is the parfait that you might have caught a glimpse of in my last post. If you did, then you read about my Pumpkin Pie Pudding, which is a delicious “tastes-like-dessert-but-is-healthy-enough-for-breakfast” treat.
In order to make a more filling and texturally interesting dish, I paired the pudding with my Pumpkin Spice Granola and a bit of creamy Greek yogurt.
The double dose of pumpkin pie spices is apparent in each tasty bite, and the different textures mingle beautifully well.
I find any dish that is comprised of multiple homemade components to be particularly satisfying, knowing that the ingredients are nutritious and wholesome. Sure, you can make a delicious parfait with store-bought granola and pudding, but the extra effort of making your own is absolutely worth it.
Although each element is delicious on its own, the saying “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts” definitely rings true for this pumpkin parfait!
|Name:||Creamy & Crunchy Pumpkin Parfait|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||20 minutes (for granola)|
|Total Time:||35 minutes|
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 0% plain Greek yogurt
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Crunchy Granola:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (such as pecans or almonds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
1. Make the Pumpkin Cream:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the canned pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- Stir well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Set aside.
2. Prepare the Crunchy Granola:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts, honey, melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the granola turns golden brown, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow it to cool completely. It will become crunchier as it cools.
3. Assemble the Parfaits:
- Choose serving glasses or jars for your parfaits.
- Start by adding a layer of the prepared crunchy granola at the bottom of each glass.
- Next, spoon a layer of the creamy pumpkin mixture on top of the granola.
- Repeat the layers until the glass is filled, ending with a layer of the pumpkin cream on top.
4. Garnish and Serve:
- Finish off your Creamy & Crunchy Pumpkin Parfaits with a swirl of whipped cream on top.
- For an extra touch of fall flavor and texture, sprinkle crushed gingersnap cookies over the whipped cream.
- Serve your pumpkin parfaits immediately or refrigerate them for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Grab a spoon and savor the creamy, crunchy, and perfectly spiced layers of this delectable dessert!
|Estimated Nutrition (Per Serving):|
|Dietary Fiber||6 grams|
|Saturated Fat||6 grams|
|Vitamin D||0.2 micrograms|
|Vitamin A||9600 IU|
|Vitamin C||3 milligrams|