1. Prior to being contacted by a representative of the company to sample their range of products, I had never heard of FOCO coconut water… but of course I jumped at the chance to try it as I love coconut water.
So far I’ve been really impressed with those I’ve tried, and just check out the variety of fun flavors (pink guava, pineapple, pomegranate, regular, mango, and lychee)!
2. We’ve attempted two grocery shopping trips with Lily in tow, and both were rather disastrous… and by that I mean she was NOT a happy camper. Our temporary solution is for John to do the grocery shopping on the weekends.
I’ve benefited from this new set-up in many ways, one of them being the fun snacky items John picks out that I would otherwise overlook.
A few of note: Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels (insanely addictive) & Freeze Dried Mango (strangely crunchy, but delicious), and Whole Foods Organic Dried Mango (basically all-natura, one-ingredient fruit leather).
3. Every now and then I come across a song (or a few) that I instantly become obsessed with, immediately download from iTunes, and proceed to play on repeat until I either a) learn the lyrics by heart or b) become sick of it/them.
My current picks are Half Moon by Blind Pilot and Lego House by Ed Sheeran (the unplugged version which – by creepy coincidence – JUST came on the radio via Acoustic Sunrise as I typed its… not joking!!).
4. Which brings me to my next musing. If you’re in the Boston area and aren’t listening to Acoustic Sunrise on 104.1 Sundays from 7-11 AM, you are missing out!
Make it a new weekly tradition.
5. You know how certain men just look better scruffy (case in point: Russell Crowe in Gladiator & Viggo Mortensen in The Lord of the Rings)?
Well, my latest favorite scruff-ified celebrity is Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto in the incredibly talented photographer Warwick Saint’s new series of photos.