John and I liked the Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders so much that it was an easy decision to make them again for these sandwiches…
… just a few days later.
Now, I rarely make the same thing twice… but the same thing twice over the span of 5 days?
That’s saying something.
And that something is this: clearly I’m developing a fixation on crispy baked chicken.
Simply sandwich the still-warm chicken tenders in between layers of whole wheat bread, juicy tomatoes, and fresh lettuce, and you’re good to go.
Oh! I almost forgot to mention the easy but perfect accompaniment of honey mustard. I just stirred together 2 Tbsp honey and 2 Tbsp coarse ground mustard – feel free to alter the ratio to suit your taste preference.
Barbeque sauce is also an excellent condiment for this sandwich.
Crispy Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 whole wheat rolls, split in half
- barbeque sauce or honey mustard sauce (I made my own with equal parts honey and coarse mustard)
- lettuce (I used organic mixed baby greens)
- 1 beefsteak tomato, preferably organic, cut into 4-6 thin slices
- 2-4 Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders, depending on size of rolls
- Toast split rolls if you’d like.
- Spread barbeque sauce or honey mustard onto the top piece of each roll. On the lower half, layer on the lettuce, tomato slices, and chicken tenders. Sandwich the pieces of roll together and enjoy!