A little while back on Facebook, I mentioned that I was working on a raw, vegan chocolate pudding. I’m thrilled to announce that the recipe has finally been perfected! I don’t often make multiple versions of a recipe before posting it on the blog, but this one needed a few revisions before I was absolutely content.
Without further ado, here it is!
To commence on a somewhat mysterious note, let me start off by saying there’s a secret ingredient in this chocolate pudding.
If you’re familiar with other raw, vegan chocolate pudding recipes, then you might already know what that secret ingredient is…
… if you’re not, do you have any guesses?
Yes, really. Avocados.
Don’t worry – it works! I promise you cannot detect the avocado flavor in the finished pudding… not one little bit.
The rich avocado flesh provides the base of the silky pudding, and the consistency is incredibly luscious, smooth, and dense.
I put a couple of my own spins on the avocado chocolate pudding trend by adding in the following unique ingredients:
- chocolate coconut butter
- instant espresso powder
The chocolate coconut butter results in a thick, fudgy, almost ganache-like texture, and the instant espresso powder heightens the chocolate flavor.
This ganache pudding is intense.
The deep chocolate flavor and an overall decadent quality will easily make you forget that the pudding incorporates an avocado, and nobody will guess it is both raw and vegan.
The longer the pudding chills, the more fudge-like it will become. I left one of these servings in the fridge overnight, and the next day I swear it tasted exactly like a rich chocolate truffle!
John calls it “guacolate” pudding. I call it chocolate ganache/frosting/truffleinabowl/thebestpuddingever.
But really, it doesn’t matter what it’s called… its deliciousness speaks for itself.
|Name:||Chocolate Ganache Pudding|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||10 minutes (for preparation)|
|Total Time:||4 hours and 25 minutes|
|Yield:||6 individual portions|
- 2 medium-sized ripe Hass avocados, (they should have black skin & yield slightly when gently squeezed), peeled & pitted
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chocolate coconut butter, such as Artisana Cacao Bliss
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- tiny pinch salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the avocado, maple syrup, coconut butter, and vanilla extract. Process until no lumps remain, scraping down the sides of the food processor bowl as necessary.
- Add in the cocoa powder, espresso powder, & salt; and process until smooth. Evenly divide pudding amongst 4 individual cups.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 420 kcal
- Total Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 4g