1. My latest play-on-repeat favorite-of-the-moment song is We Are Young by Fun.
I downloaded the song just a few days ago and it has already reached over 10 plays on my iTunes playlist.
2. While on the topic of current favorites, the show Frozen Planet on the Discovery Channel completely took over my evening last night. I will just have to watch Shameless (another favorite) on demand later in the week.
3. My dad and I have fun sending each other NY Times articles we think the other would be interested in, and he hit the nail on the head with this one about cookbook “ghostwriters”.
I knew celebrities used ghostwriters for their memoirs/autobiographies, but it never occurred to me that chefs would do the same.
4. Today on The Back Burner I present to you the love child of two cheesy classics:
Behold, the Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich in all of its glory!
Jeff Mauro (a.k.a. “The Sandwich King“) would be proud ;).
|Name:||Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches|
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||10 minutes|
|Total Time:||20 minutes|
- 8 slices of your favorite bread (white, whole wheat, or gluten-free, depending on your preference)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices of Canadian bacon or ham
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat Your Griddle or Skillet
Place a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and let it warm up while you prepare the sandwiches.
Butter the Bread
Take four slices of bread and spread a thin layer of softened butter on one side of each slice.
Assemble the Sandwiches
On the unbuttered side of one slice of bread, place a slice of mozzarella cheese, followed by two slices of Canadian bacon or ham, a handful of pineapple chunks, and any optional toppings like red onion and green bell pepper. Top with another slice of mozzarella cheese and finish with another slice of bread, buttered side up.
Grill the Sandwiches
Place the assembled sandwiches on the preheated griddle or skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown, and the cheese is melted and gooey.
Remove the sandwiches from the griddle or skillet and let them cool for a minute before cutting them in half. Serve hot with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.
Enjoy Your Monday Musings
Take a moment to savor the blend of savory Canadian bacon, sweet pineapple, and gooey cheese. The Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are perfect for chasing away those Monday blues.
Whether you’re making these sandwiches for a quick lunch or a comforting dinner, they are sure to put a smile on your face and transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise. So, the next time Monday rolls around, remember to add a little excitement to your day with these delectable sandwiches. Happy eating!
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 435 kcal
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 12g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 895mg