1. To make up for the fact that I’m not dressing up this year, (so sad), I think I’ll just stuff myself full of pumpkin deliciousness in order to fully embrace the holiday.
Here are some pumpkin goodies I’ve been enjoying lately:
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte (while decaf/coffee brews, heat 1/2 cup milk + 2 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree + 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice + 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract + sweeter to taste – if desired – on stovetop until steaming; whisk until smooth, poor into large mug, and top with hot brewed coffee)
Pumpkin Spice Latte Oatmeal (combine 1/3 cup each old-fashioned oats, milk, brewed decaf/coffee, water, & pumpkin puree + 1 sliced banana and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice in small saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring often, until thickened and hot; photographed topped with Espresso Pumpkin Spiced Walnutsand White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter)
Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt (combine equal amounts pumpkin pie mix & Greek yogurt, + pumpkin pie spice and pure vanilla extract, to taste… whisk thoroughly and freeze in an ice cream maker until soft-serve consistency)
2. Oh, and I might also have to make this simple but fabulous Almond Joy Toast again, posted on The Back Burner Blog today.
Chocolate almond butter, toasted shredded coconut & sliced almonds, and melted coconut butter on whole wheat = an excuse to eat dessert for lunch ;).
3. My obsession with the Words With Friends iPhone app has been replaced with a preoccupation with the 7 Little Words app. I blame Jessica.
4. I find it amusing – if not a bit perplexing – that spellcheck doesn’t mark “app” as misspelled. Apparently “spellcheck” is an accurate spelling as well!
5. I think I might be one of the few New Englanders who actually loves the snow (when I don’t have to drive in it) and this record-breaking Nor’easter is no exception. Yes, I understand that it’s early for snow… but I still like it.
6. Have I mentioned that I’m bummed out to not be dressing up for Halloween? Oh I did, didn’t I.
Excitement over the first snowfall of the season. Daydreams about Halloween costumes. Trying to get away with eating chocolate for lunch. Yep, I’m a five year old ;).