I initially intended for this recipe to turn out as mini gingerbread cheesecakes, but – to be completely honest – I was too lazy to throw together a graham cracker crust. I briefly toyed around with the idea of making crustless cheesecakes, but it just wouldn’t be the same, now would it?
The question became: what to do with the neufchatel cream cheese, molasses, and gingerbread spices previously destined to become cheesecakes?
My mind eventually conjured an image of the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip I made almost a year ago. The progression of thought then led me to the Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter that stares me in the face every day (it’s a miracle the jar isn’t empty yet).
Thus Gingerbread Cookie Dough Cheesecake Dip was born!
This lusciously creamy dip tastes exactly like what its name implies: a gingerbread cookie dough & cheesecake hybrid.
Molasses lends a robust sweetness that is complemented by the warm spices found in gingerbread; Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter gives an additional level of gingerbread-y flavor, and Greek yogurt lightens everything up while providing a thick creaminess.
If you’re wondering how best to
serve devour this delicious dip (other than on a spoon) here are some ideas:
- with gingerbread cookies (no-brainer)
- with graham crackers
- with fresh sliced apples or pears
- on oatmeal
But really, most of it will go down like this:
Gingerbread Cookie Dough Cheesecake Dip
yield: 1 1/2 cups (six 1/4 cup servings)
- 6 oz neufchatel (1/3-less-fat) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter
- 3 Tbsp unsulfured molasses
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/16 tsp (pinch) ground cloves
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, (or large bowl, using an electric hand-held mixer), cream the neufchatel, cookie butter, and molasses until smooth. Add in vanilla extract and yogurt; blend until smooth. Beat in the salt and spices until the mixture is well-combined and smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Serve at room temperature. Store leftovers (if there are any) in the fridge.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 cup):
157.7 calories, 9.7 grams fat, 4.9 grams saturated fat, 8.8 grams sugar, 4.5 grams protein