Yes, a mouthful.
I couldn’t help but include every single ingredient in the title, as each plays a vital role in this sandwich.
I don’t even really know where to begin; this sandwich is simply divine, and I don’t think a description will do it justice.
But, because I like you, (and because I really want you to make this sandwich), I will try my best.
Hearty whole wheat bread dotted with plump raisins sandwiches together a delectable filling comprised of rich almond butter, sweet fig jam, tangy goat cheese, crisp fresh apple slices, warm cinnamon, and chewy dried apple slices.
The flavor combination of almond butter, fig jam, and goat cheese is nothing short of a revelation – you really must try it! The duo of fresh and dried apples adds a tasty seasonal flavor punch as well as a contrasting textural element.
This just might be my new go-to sandwich for the next month or so… or as long as I have the necessary ingredients in the kitchen ;).
|NameAlmond Butter, Fig, Goat Cheese, and Apple Cinnamon Raisin Sandwich|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|5 minutes (optional, for toasting)|
|Total Time||15 minutes (including optional toasting)|
- 2 slices whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 Tbsp creamy natural almond butter
- 1 Tbsp fig jam
- 1 Tbsp soft goat cheese
- 1/2 crisp sweet apple (I used organic Honeycrisp), sliced thin
- 4 unsweetened organic apple rings
- dusting of cinnamon
- Spread the almond butter and fig jam on one slice of bread. Spread goat cheese on the other slice. Sprinkle a dusting of cinnamon over the goat cheese.
- Layer the apple slices on top of the almond butter and fig jam; layer the dried apple rings on top of the goat cheese.
- Sandwich the two sides together, cut sandwich in half, and serve.
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 450 calories
- Protein: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 58 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 8 grams
- Sugars: 28 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6 grams
- Cholesterol: 13 milligrams
- Sodium: 295 milligrams
- Potassium: 366 milligrams