As much as I adored my Flourless White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, these dark chocolate peanut butter spin-offs might be even better.
Flourless chocolate desserts – such as cakes or tortes – are known for their exorbitantly dense fudge-like texture, and can be difficult to get through without a few sips of water, milk, or wine in between each decadent bite. Although those rich treats have their loyal followers, I typically prefer a dessert with a lighter consistency. Regardless of which category you fall into, these flourless cookies are sure to win you over as they strike the perfect balance of intense chocolate flavor and light chewy texture.
The best word I can think of to describe the texture of these cookies is pillowy. The slightest bit of crisp coating gives way to a soft and brownie-like interior dotted with creamy peanut butter chips. A word of caution: don’t be tempted to bake the cookies until they’re completely firm; in order to achieve the right lightness, they must be taken out of the oven while still seemingly under-baked. As they cool, the cookies will set up a bit, but will remain soft and chewy.
I can’t imagine that this will be the case, but if there are leftover cookies, they can be stored in – and enjoyed straight from – the freezer.
|Name:||Flourless Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies|
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||12 minutes|
|Total Time:||22 minutes|
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams
- 2 Tbsp Sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter chips (such as Sunspire)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter through vanilla extract.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, spoon batter onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the cookies are lightly crisp, but still very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet, then cool completely on a wire rack (cookies will harden slightly upon cooling).
Estimated Nutrition (Per Serving)
- Calories: 145
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 4g
Please note that the nutrition information is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.