This cookie dough dip happened by accident.
Or rather… the ingredients that I whipped together accidentally turned into a dip.
My original intention was to make cookie dough balls, but the mixture I ended up with was too thin to form into anything other than a gloppy mess.
As I stood in the kitchen eating mini spoonful after mini spoonful of what I figured was a failed recipe, the idea of cookie dough dip came to me.
Thick, rich, sweet, and completely decadent… yep, this dip tastes just like cookie dough!
Now this isn’t exactly a light snack, but the calories come from healthy sources of fat (almond and walnuts) and the amount of added sugar is fairly low. Think of it as a concentrated pureed trail mix; in other words, it’s fueling and filling and fantastic =).
Smear it onto toasted bread, dunk crunchy graham crackers or crisp apple slices into it, spoon it on top of hot oatmeal, or eat it straight out of the jar.
Just make it. And tell me what you think!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
|Name||Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||0 minutes (No baking required)|
|Total Time||15 minutes|
- 1/4 cup smooth natural unsweetened salted almond butter, at room temperature and well-stirred (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely Oh! Nuts ground walnuts (or sub in ground almonds/almond meal)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, (or using an electric mixer on medium speed), beat almond butter and brown sugar until well-combined. Beat in vanilla extract, ground walnuts (or almonds), milk, and brown rice syrup. Add chocolate chips and fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
150.1 calories, 12.5 grams fat, 1.6 grams saturated fat, 2.1 grams fiber, 6.4 grams sugar, 2.9 grams protein
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving (1/12th of the recipe)
- Calories: 265
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 104mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 2g
Please note that these nutrition values are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands of ingredients used and serving sizes. It’s always a good idea to consult with a registered dietitian or use a nutrition calculator for precise dietary information, especially if you have specific dietary restrictions or preferences. Enjoy your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip in moderation!