I present to you the second in what is sure to become a series of cookie dough-inspired dried fruit & nut “truffles”, the first of which were the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.
After polishing off those delicious little bites, I knew I wanted to dive right into concocting other cookie dough truffles.
Oatmeal raisin was the first variety to come to mind.
Sweet and chewy, with flavor accents of cinnamon and vanilla, these truffles really do taste like oatmeal raisin cookie dough!
I stuck with cashews because their mellow buttery flavor takes a backseat to the more prominent flavors, but a combination of cashews and peanuts would be super tasty – think peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies.
Along that same line of thought, adding in a couple tablespoons of chocolate chips would be a welcomed addition as well.
That being said, these truffles are fantastic as they are, and I am already brainstorming the next cookie dough variation ;).
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough “Truffles”
yield: 10 “truffles”
- 3/4 cup raw (or dry-roasted) unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp raisins, divided
- 3 large pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cashews and rolled oats. Process until finely crumbled – mixture will resemble coarsely ground flour. Remove from food processor bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/3 cup raisins, dates, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt into the food processor bowl, and blend until a thick paste forms. Add the ground nut & oat mixture to the raisin & date paste and process until the mixture comes together to form a crumbly “dough”. Remove mixture from food processor and place in a mixing bowl. “Knead” in the 2 Tbsp raisins until evenly distributed.
- Form mixture into a large ball and refrigerate for about 5-10 minutes.
- When the dough has chilled for a bit, take it out of the fridge and roll into 10 balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you like these, you should also check out: