And chocolate chip cookie dough.
I seem to be fixated on both lately… and can you really blame me?
Both are typically decadent splurges, but with this recipe you can satisfy two cravings simultaneously without over-indulging.
I used my basic whole wheat buttermilk pancakes-for-one recipe, and added in chopped grain-sweetened chocolate chips for a subtle sweetness. In place of maple syrup, I whipped up a glaze using the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I posted earlier in the week.
If you haven’t made the dip, you can certainly serve the pancakes sans cookie dough glaze; the chocolate chip pancakes are light, fluffy, and delicious all on their own…
But let’s be honest, doesn’t this look so much better?!
Light & pillowy pancakes that taste like chocolate chip cookie dough… do you really need to ask yourself whether or not you’ll make these?!
Sunday (or Saturday… or heck, Monday) morning breakfast is served.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Glazed Pancakes for One
|Name||Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Glazed Pancakes for One|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|Total Time||20 minutes|
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp grain-sweetened chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet just until moistened. A few lumps are okay. Fold in the chopped chocolate chips.
- Set aside to rest.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium/medium-low heat. Lightly grease.
- When hot, spoon the batter into the skillet by the 1/4 cupful.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the batter and the edges appear dry, (about 2-3 minutes), the pancakes are ready to be flipped.
- Flip pancakes and let cook for another minute or so, or until golden brown.
- While pancakes cook, combine Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip with a bit of milk, adding 1/2 tsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Stir until well-combined, and serve with pancakes.
483.4 calories, 16.6 grams fat, 3.5 grams saturated fat, 10.6 grams fiber, 20.4 grams sugar, 17.5 grams protein
Nutritional Information WITHOUT chocolate chip cookie dough glaze:
338.3 calories, 4.1 grams fat, 1.9 grams saturated fat, 8.5 grams fiber, 14 grams sugar, 14.6 grams protein
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving
(Note: The nutrition values are approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes.)
- Calories: 505 kcal
- Total Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 138mg
- Sodium: 668mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 58g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 24g
- Protein: 8g
Please keep in mind that these nutritional values are estimates and can vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used. Adjustments may be needed based on individual dietary preferences and requirements. Enjoy your delicious pancakes!