Abs are made in the kitchen. You’ve probably seen this quote a hundred times on social media. It is certainly relevant and highly effective for easy weight loss. You can eat foods that burn belly fat fast. However, stubborn belly fat is the most challenging part of weight loss. Do foods help to burn the stubborn tummy pouch?
Indeed, you can get a flat stomach with a healthy and balanced diet. Studies have shown that eating a low-calorie, and low-carb diet consistently can help you maintain lean muscle. Fiber-rich foods are also helpful for reducing waist size.
However, what food burns belly fat faster? In this article, you will find a variety of foods that burn belly fat faster.
Can Foods Burn Belly Fat Fast?
As a matter of fact, abdominal fat is stubborn. It becomes a challenge for you to lose it. Despite your best weight loss strategy and workout, a small tummy pouch is still present. Anyhow, sticking to some foods can burn abdominal fat faster.
The best diet plan should include foods that are low in fat, carbohydrates, and high in protein and fiber. Fiber helps reduce the appetite that prevents you from consuming more calories. Protein contributes to building lean muscles, enabling you to gain a flat stomach.
Food with low calories and healthy carbs helps you lose stubborn tummy fat faster.
List of Foods That Burn Belly Fat Fast
A low-calorie, healthy diet can help you achieve your desired body shape. However, depending on a single diet does not help you; you should take a balanced diet from the variety of food options. To reduce belly fat, certain vegetables, fruits, oils, spices, snacks, or even some types of meat can help.
Below, I have explained all the important food groups that might help you get a slim waist.
Best Veggies That Destroy Stomach Fat
Vegetables are an essential part of any type of diet you follow. It is a particularly rich source of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Moreover, fiber-rich vegetables are significantly helpful in reducing belly fat. For instance, leafy green vegetables, like cabbage, broccoli, spinach, can faster the process of fat burning better than crunches!
Therefore, consuming veggies along with a good workout plan helps greatly to lose belly weight faster.
Following is the list of vegetables that you can eat to lose belly pouch or even visceral fat.
- Sea vegetables (seaweeds, or sea algae)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Capsicum (Green, Red)
Leafy Green Vegetables that Burn Visceral Fat Faster
- Mustard green
- Collard greens
- Swiss Chard
- Bok Choy
Fruits That Reduce Belly Fat Fast
Another food group in the category of foods that burn abdominal fat faster is the fruits. Indeed, fruits are the best way of taking ample vitamins, minerals, fiber, and water. Eating fruits provides plenty of dietary fiber that promotes digestion and bowel health. It prevents you from consuming and holding calories in the body. Consequently, it leads to fat loss.
Comparatively to veggies, fruit is easier to eat and is more flavorful. Fruits allow you to lose belly fat faster. Anyhow, ensure that all fruits are thoroughly washed before eating.
While it is better to eat whole fruits, fruit juice is also helpful for weight loss. However, if you choose canned, frozen, or dried fruit, opt for items with the least added sugar.
Following is the list of best fruits that could help you in cutting excess belly fat:
- Passion fruit
- Tart cherries
- Red grapes
- Stone fruits
Eat these foods and watch out for how they affect your belly weight. Getting fit and losing weight is much easier if you eat these fruits regularly. Besides a flat stomach, you can enjoy healthy skin, better immunity, and strong bones.
Protein Fat Burning Foods
Protein is an important compound that boosts metabolism and reduces fat. Anyone who wants to attain their dream zero figure should focus on protein-rich food. Protein-rich diet help in shedding extra fat while maintaining and strengthening the muscles mass. It is not only fascinating but highly effective.
Choosing protein-rich fat-burning foods will help you lose extra weight. You can obtain protein in certain forms, such as pills, supplements, or naturally occurring foods. Natural fat-burning foods are always the best. Here are some foods that are high in protein while being low in calories and saturated fat:
- Low-fat dairy
- Lean meats
- Seafood (salmon, tuna)
- Nuts and seeds
- Peanut butter
- Bean soup
- Protein powder
Find some useful eggs recipes for healthy Weight loss:
- Avocado & Chipotle Deviled Eggs
- Roasted Asparagus with Hard-Boiled Eggs and Lemon-Dijon Dressing
- Chipotle-Cilantro Egg Salad
- Buffalo Blue Egg Salad with Nellie’s Cage Free Eggs
Weight Loss Seeds And Nuts
Nuts and seeds provide valuable protein and healthy fats. These are considered superfoods to get rid of short belly pouches and visceral fats. Nuts contain a high amount of essential antioxidants (flavonoids, resveratrol), phytosterols, carotenoids, and many other important micronutrients.
As conventional wisdom suggests, nuts and seeds are not full of calories and can make you fat and obese. Instead, the study found that when nuts and seeds are consumed in the right proportion, they help to reduce stomach weight.
So, your cheat meal can become a healthy diet by eating nuts and seeds as snacks. If you have not yet added these tasty treats to your diet, it’s the time! Following are some best nuts for weight loss.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Brazil Nuts
- Cashew Nuts
- Flax seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Sunflower seeds
Best Grains To Lose Belly Fat
Another very important food group of our diets is the grains. We depend greatly on grain products, either pasta, flour, bread, tortilla, cereal, or even popcorn, in our daily lives.
We cannot consider our diet without grain products. Therefore, consider whole grain products with low calories and no trans fat. You should take whole wheat, cracked wheat, whole oats, and whole cornmeal. You will get more fiber, vitamin B, and iron from these grains than refined grain products.
I’ve compiled a list of whole grain products that can help you reduce calories and lose belly fat quickly.
- Brown rice
- Wholegrain corn
- Whole rye
- Wholegrain barley
- Brown bread
- Whole wheat
- Whole oats/oatmeal
- Wild rice
- Bulgur (cracked wheat)
Late Night Snacks Options to Burn Belly Fat Overnight
Snacking at night is the top reason for belly fat buildup, but if you choose fat-burning foods at night, then you can have a leaner stomach quickly. It’s a challenge to find quick, tasty meals that won’t make you gain weight.
Fortunately, there are a number of easy and quick snacks that one can make if he is hungry late at night. People’s sleep may also be improved by eating certain foods with effective sleep-promoting compounds.
Some of the foods below can help you sleep faster, build lean muscle as you sleep, or keep you satisfied all night. This will ensure that you won’t wake up hungry in the morning and prevent fat buildup.
- Trail Mix
- Peanut butter on wholegrain bread
- Whole-grain wrap
- Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Tart cherries
- Chocolate milkshake
- High fiber cereal
- String cheese
- Protein Smoothie
- Goji Berries
Best Diet Plan
I’ve mentioned all the hearty foods that burn belly fat fast. But how to eat all of them or incorporate them into your diet plan. Indeed, relying on a single food for fat burning or eating a variety of foods in large may not give you desired results. You should make a balanced diet plan for yourself, which includes various foods from different food groups.
However, solely relying on food without working out or getting adequate sleep may not produce desired results. In the same way, ignoring meals and doing workouts won’t help you slim down. A perfect diet plan is necessary for weight loss.
So, what is the best diet plan for fat burning? Following are the few diet plans to reduce abdominal fat and visceral fat.
- Consider intermittent fasting, in which you alternate a period of fasting and eating. People do it in various ways, but the most famous one is 16/8 when they limit their caloric intake to 8 hours in a day and fast the rest. The strategy is effective in reducing caloric intake.
- Another very important diet plan for belly fat is the paleo diet. Indeed, you can lose 6 cm to 8 cm of your waistline by striking to the paleo diet. Typical paleo foods are lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds – foods that can be obtained through hunter-gatherer methods. About 10,000 years ago, farming emerged and became the basis of the paleo diet. This diet consists of dairy products, grains, and legumes.
- One other best diet plan for fat burn is the Mediterranean diet. It takes its inspiration from foods that people ate in Italy and Greece. While it is designed to reduce heart disease risks, numerous studies suggest it can also assist in weight loss. The Mediterranean diet emphasizes eating fish, seafood, vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, wholegrain, and extra virgin olive oil. Meanwhile, eat eggs, dairy products, and meat in moderation. Also, in it, you are strictly advised to limit red meat.
- Apart from the paleo and Mediterranean diet plans, you can also try the WW and Dash diet plans. Even though neither is extremely specific for fat loss, both can significantly benefit you.
Avoid Food That Can Give You Belly Fat
I’ve mentioned all the vital foods that burn abdominal fat fast. At the same time, you should avoid some foods that may give you stubborn belly fat and a bulging tummy. For instance, eating high calories, unhealthy fats, and bad carbs can increase your waistline.
Here are a few worst foods that can give you belly fat:
- Refined Flour and Grain Products (white bread, white flour, corn grits, white rice)
- Sugary and Carbonated Drinks (fruit juices, coke)
- Processed meat
- Candy bars
- Pastries, cakes, and cookies
- Highly caffeine drinks
- Rib-eye steaks
- Canned soups
- Some cereals
- Ice cream
- French fries
- Potato chips
- High lactose dairy foods
- Artificial sweeteners and too much natural sweet
- Fat-free foods
Some Stomach Weight Loss Tips
You should consider the following tips in order to maximize your diet plan’s effectiveness in reducing stomach and visceral fat.
- Track your calories intake, eat less, and burn more calories!
- Focus on foods option with high fiber content.
- Drink more water. It will help you burn calories while keeping you hydrated. You should drink lukewarm water instead of cold water.
- To get lean muscles, focus more on proteins food.
- Eat probiotic food or supplement to promote gut health. Indeed, healthy quantity and quality of beneficial bacterial in the gut works to lose weight quicker.
- Avoid food with high sugar, trans fat, junk food, alcohol, and carbonated drinks.
- Try to cut back on refined carbs, instead use unrefined crabs.
- Don’t rely only on a diet, do cardio exercise as well.
- Take adequate sleep.
- Perform aerobic exercise regularly to get a flatter stomach.
What are the top foods that burn belly fat fast?
You can trim your belly fat by eating low-calorie food that is high in protein as well. Meanwhile, healthy fats and good carbs content make it extraordinary fat-burning food. For instance, bananas, nuts, vegetables, brown bread, and fish can burn fat faster.
How to lose belly fat in 1 week without exercising?
As a matter of fact, exercise is necessary along with a good strategy and diet to lose weight, especially in a week. However, a peaceful night of sleep, hydration, and a weight loss diet are effective for fast weight loss.
How long does it take to lose belly?
Statistically, you can lose belly fat within as little as 2 weeks. Therefore, even if your timeline is short, you might have to work hard to lose inches off your belly and follow the proper diet and exercise regimen.
I’ve compiled a list of foods that burn belly fat fast. You can choose from them by tracking your calories intake and eating a variety of food from different food groups. No doubt, cutting inches from your belly is more challenging, but it is not too strenuous as well. You can shape your belly with a good diet strategy, workout, and balanced life.