1. It appears as though I’ve developed quite a fixation on eggs lately.
Whether draped over sweet potato home fries, served atop avocado toast, baked onto an individual breakfast pizza, or paired with arugula, bacon, & blue cheese in a breakfast sandwich, one thing simply MUST remain constant: a perfectly runny yolk!
2. Speaking of that Sweet Potato Breakfast Pizza, I was one of the three runners-up in the No More ‘Mallows recipe contest!
Judges Kate Rockwood, Senior Editor at Oprah Magazine, Ruth Lowenberg, “culinary professional extraordinaire”, and Matt Timms, the creator of The Takedown, “America’s most important food competition”, bestowed the grand prize upon The Tolerant Vegan for her Maple Sweet Potato Pecan Burgers (how amazing does that sound?!), and the other runners-up were The Type A Housewife (Sweet Potato French Toast Cups) and Willow Bird Baking (Sweet Tater & Chorizo Hand Tarts).
Congratulations, ladies! I’m going to try out all of your delicious-sounding sweet potato creations :).
3. As amazing as these Trader Joe’s dark chocolate bars are, there just isn’t enough speculoos cookie butter in ‘em.
4. This is awesome. Awesomely ridiculous, actually… I probably wouldn’t make anything from it, but the idea is fantastic.
5. Today in Massachusetts is Patriots’ Day – a state holiday commemorating the Battles of Lexington and Concord – which coincides with Marathon Monday. Yep, the Boston Marathon will commence in just a few hours and I’m lucky enough to live right on the route through Wellesley. I fit my morning run in so I can spectate on the sidelines for a few hours ;).
6. I absolutely loved this Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry, & Arugula Salad that I made for today’s Back Burner post.
Tender roasted asparagus, juicy sweet strawberries, & fresh arugula are joined by tangy blue cheese, crunchy toasted almond slices, and a lemon-Dijon dressing.
A perfect light & delicious Springtime lunch! Check out the recipe here.