I am in so much trouble.
This right here, my friends, is quite possibly the most addictive peanut butter (both homemade and store-bought) that I have ever tasted. I easily consumed at least a couple of tablespoons just during the photo shoot.
I could not keep my fingers out of it.
Peanuts, coconut butter, a touch of cane sugar, and vanilla bean paste are the only ingredients you need to make this delectable concoction.
Creamy, lusciously smooth, slightly sweet, and dotted with vanilla bean specks, this peanut butter is the perfect consistency for drizzling over oatmeal or yogurt…
… and for eating straight from the jar.
Want a taste?
I’ll go ahead and answer that question for you: Yes. Yes, you do.
Let me just warn you that after you have a spoonful, it will be nearly impossible not to go back for another one.
Vanilla Bean Coconut Peanut Butter
yield: about 1 cup + 2 Tbsp (nine 2 Tbsp servings)
- 1 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, at room temperature and well-stirred (to make at home: toss some unsweetened dried coconut flakes in the food processor and blend until liquified and smooth; measure out 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean paste (you can sub in 1 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- Place peanuts into the bowl of a food processor. Process until peanuts break down into a paste, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3-5 minutes.
- With the motor running, stream the coconut butter in through the feed tube and process until well-combined and smooth.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla bean paste and process until incorporated.
- I store my nut butters at room temperature. Some oil separation may occur with this peanut butter; just give it a good stir before eating.
*If you don’t have a food processor, simply stir together 1 cup lightly salted unsweetened creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup coconut butter, 2 tsp sugar, & 1 tsp vanilla bean paste until smooth & well-combined.*
Nutritional Information per 2 Tbsp serving:
187 calories, 16.1 grams fat, 5.2 grams saturated fat, 3.1 grams fiber, 2.3 grams sugar, 6.2 grams protein