1. I was invited to the Cabot Cheese Board, and given my love for and devotion to this particular brand of cheese, I of course accepted.
You can expect to see even more cheesy recipes on the blog in the near future.
2. Bestowed’s February box is a good one! Let’s see what was included:
- RW Garcia MixtBag Yellow & Blue Corn Tortilla Chips. These chips are tasty, but I honestly couldn’t taste a difference between the blue & yellow corn. That being said, the color contrast makes for an aesthetically pleasing presentation.
- Wholly Granolly Clusters. These crunchy little granola clusters went down way too easily. The flavors included in the box were Peanut Butter Pretzel & Double Chocolate Chip; I combined the two and snacked away. Really good.
- Bakery on Main Carrot Cake Instant Oatmeal. Given my adoration for all things carrot cake, I thought I would love this oatmeal. Although the flavor was good, I was slightly disappointed by the one lonely raisin included in the packet, and the sugar content was higher than I like for a breakfast food. On the plus side, there’s a decent amount of fiber and protein in one serving, the oats are certified gluten free, and the all-natural ingredients include health superstars such as chia seeds, quinoa and amaranth.
- Herbal Philosophy Feel Beautiful Tea. I’m a devoted coffee girl, but I do enjoy a cup of tea from time to time. I don’t have the appropriate contraption to brew loose tea, so I just strained the brewed tea through a fine mesh sieve. This tea has a complex flavor, but the predominant one that I tasted was mint. Refreshing, and definitely better than any grocery store tea.
- UNREAL The Smooth One candy bar. I honestly prefer a couple pieces of dark chocolate to a candy bar, but if you like the latter, this company sells all-natural versions (which are also gluten-free & reduced sugar) of some popular varieties.
- Santa Barbara Bar Coconut Almond Bar. I saved the best (in my opinion) for last! I really liked this chewy gluten-free bar that is packed with protein and fiber. I would definitely stock up if I ran across these bars in the store, and I’d love to try some of the other flavors.
3. I love living in New England, and I generally love the snow… but this winter has been too cold and too snowy. Being snowbound with an energetic toddler is draining! Spring can’t come soon enough.
4. The mailman hadn’t been able to reach our mailbox due to the snow pileup (see #3 above), so on Saturday he delivered a big crate full of our mail from the previous few days. Amongst the catalogues, bills, and junk mail was this card from the college John and I attended:
5. The kind folks at Wink Frozen Desserts sent me a pint of each of their flavors to try. I wasn’t wild about the consistency (which is more icy than creamy), but the flavors are fun! Clockwise from top: Cake Batter, Cocoa-dough, Iced Latte, Cinnamon Bun, & Choco-mint.
Each pint (not serving) is a mere 100 calories, and each of the all-natural flavors are vegan, fat free, sugar free, and gluten-free.