1. Making progress on moving stuff over to the new house is coming along… but slowly. For every filled-to-the-seams box we take over, it seems as though two more boxes worth of things are waiting to be packed. We do have professional movers set up to take the furniture and heavy boxes over on Saturday, but there’s still soooo much to pack!
2. I didn’t get the chance to watch the season premiere of True Blood last night (don’t tell me what happens!) but the near certainty that either Eric or Alcide (sorry, but I am NOT a Bill fan) make a shirtless appearance will get me through the hours until I catch up tonight.
3. I’m reading Jodi Picoult’s newest novel…
…and love it so far! I’ve always had an affection for canines, and the plot of the book – like most of those written by Picoult – is addictive.
4. Ripe organic cherries continue to be my current favorite snack. I’ve been tearing through the $8.99 per lb bags (yikes!) about every 3-4 days, so I might want to slow down given the ever-expanding list of items to buy for the house.
5. I’ve combined some of my dad’s favorite foods in a recipe for Strawberry Swiss Oatmeal for this week’s Back Burner Father’s Day theme.
Cool, creamy, and satisfying, this is a fantastic summertime breakfast (or lunch!).