1. There are still people without electricity – and some without homes – here on the East coast. This blog post details many ways you can help the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
2. John recently clued me in on an awesome iPad/iPhone app that I’m pretty excited about: iBooks (I wouldn’t know about half of the apps out there if it wasn’t for my husband). Most of the books on my “to-read” list are priced in the $10 – $20 range, but I discovered that many of the classics (think Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, etc.) are free! There are a bunch of classics that I want to either re-read or read for the first time, so this is big news for me =).
3. I love that it’s now almost light outside when I wake up, but I am NOT so enthused that it’s dark by 4:30 pm.
4. This is how Shelby and Roxie spend the majority of the day, everyday:
As my baby-filled belly grows & my stamina wanes – and the days get colder – I find myself following suit more and more ;).
5. Will Ferrell wants to remind you: Don’t forget to vote tomorrow!
6. Pomegranates are taking center stage this week on The Back Burner.
I made this Pomegranate Israeli Couscous, which comes together in less than 15 minutes. The couscous is cooking with pomegranate juice – thus the gorgeous pink hue! – and then tossed with juicy pomegranate arils, crunchy toasted almond slices, and a simple maple vinaigrette.