1. About a week after we moved into our house, I bought Shelby a nice, big, super soft dog bed.
No manner of persuasion will convince her that it’s comfortable, though… it’s the most bizarre thing that she doesn’t want to lay on it.
At least one of our pets is enjoying it!
2. Here’s a little behind-the-scenes snippet of life as a food blogger.
As soon as I was done photographing the Cherry Almond Overnight Oats Parfait, I dumped it all into a bowl and ate it like so:
Many of the composed dishes that look nice on the blog end up looking more like this when I eat it.
3. Batch ice cream was on sale at Whole Foods last week, so I scooped up a pint of salted caramel.
Heaven, I tell you!
I’m super picky about ice cream that I don’t make at home… purchased ice cream must have a very short list of recognizable ingredients. Thus is the case with Batch ice cream.
Not only that, but it is also locally made here in Massachusetts, and the company sources ingredients from local farms and fair trade suppliers.
What’s not to love?!
I must pick up some more flavors ;).
4. Speaking of local ingredients, I was super excited to spot – also at Whole Foods – these organic blueberries grown in Massachusetts.
Blueberries have superseded cherries as my current favorite summer fruit; I can put away a pint in two days, no problem.
5. This week, the Back Burner bloggers are sharing recipes inspired by summer travels. I simply had to revisit my Goat Cheese, Brie, and Caramelized Onion Sandwich with Apples inspired by a fantastic sandwich I enjoyed from Mendocino Farms in California.
If they opened a location here in MA, I would be one happy girl!