1. Today I ring in 29 years… it kind of blows my mind that I have only 1 year left in my 20s!
Anyway… this is what I woke up to bright and early this morning:
A pumpkin muffin & decaf coffee from a great little bakery down the street (John snuck out before sunrise to pick up breakfast) + a cute card announcing that we will be going to see Roger Waters at Fenway Park this summer!!!! Pink Floyd is one of my all-time favorite bands, and I am already ridiculously excited to see the concert in July.
Yeah, my husband is THE BEST =).
2. Last week for Pizza Friday I made a Hawaiian pizza… pan style! I baked the pizza right in my 10-inch cast iron skillet (at 425°F for about 25 minutes) and it came out crisp on the bottom with a pillowy soft crust.
I actually prefer thin crust pizza, but this was a fun change of pace.
3. I found a couple of great bathing suits that I’m actually excited to wear in Barbados next week. Both are Kenneth Cole Reaction (found at TJ Maxx & Marshalls) and are super flattering on my figure.
I call them “bathing dresses” ;).
For any of you hourglass figures out there, these suits are really fantastic! The adjustable tie halter gives good support for a C/D cup size, and the length gives flattering coverage for us girls with hips. Unlike other one piece swimsuits with skirts, these are actually sexy rather than dowdy. The front dips down to reveal just enough cleavage, and the back is cut out to show off toned shoulders and lats.
Finally a bathing suit silhouette that I feel confident in!
4. This week’s assignment for The Back Burner is “fast & delicious”… so I just had to go with my stand-by easy lunch: egg salad.
5. C’mon back tomorrow for a sweet & salty snack that I’m pretty excited about!