1. I absolutely fell in love with 15 year old Birdy’s rendition of Bon Iver’s Skinny Love on Ellen, immediately downloaded it, and proceeded to listen to it on repeat for about a half hour straight.
2. I just finished the 4th season of Friday Night Lights on Netflix streaming. I really wish this show had garnered the attention it deserved – SO GOOD! It’s such a shame it only lasted 5 seasons. I’m planning on dragging out the last season as long as possible.
If you need additional incentive to watch this awesome series… two words: Taylor Kitsch.
3. I haven’t always watched American Idol, but I tuned in last season and got sucked back in this year.
My favorite contestant by a landslide is Colton Dixon; I tend to go for the rockers, and this guy reminds me a lot of Jared Leto, the lead singer of Thirty Seconds to Mars (one of my favorite bands). There is some controversy surrounding certain religious remarks he’s made, (and I’d like to feed him a nice big meal – dude’s suuuuper skinny), but when it comes down to pure musical talent, I definitely think he’s the best of the bunch.
4. Just in case you were starting to wonder, I do in fact do things other than listen to music and watch T.V.
I happen to be a voracious reader, and am currently halfway through Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. For a history fan such as myself, this immaculately researched and well-written book is a great read!
5. Check out The Back Burner today for my Pasta with White Beans, Roasted Cauliflower, & Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs recipe.
Chewy al dente whole wheat pasta, creamy white beans, crisp roasted cauliflower, and crunchy garlicky homemade breadcrumbs come together in this budget-friendly dish.
If you live in Massachusetts, chances are you’re familiar with Edible Arrangements, a Waltham-based purveyor of delicious, high quality, artistically designed fresh fruit arrangements that make perfect healthy gifts for any occasion.
Edible Arrangements has partnered with Greater New England Chapter of the National MS Society in a monthlong campaign to raise funds and awareness to end multiple sclerosis.
For the duration of March, coinciding with the National MS Society’s MS Awareness Month, Edible Arrangements stores throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire will donate a portion of their profits from every purchased Orange Blossom arrangement to the National MS Society.
Here’s where the giveaway comes in!
If you live in Massachusetts or Southern New Hampshire, (or want to send the arrangement to someone who lives in this vicinity), you’re eligible to enter to win an Orange Blossom arrangement:
“A modern fruit bouquet bursting with color and citrus flavor, featuring orange slices and wedges, strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe and honeydew.”
To enter: leave a comment on this post before Friday, March 30 telling me what your favorite fruit is. The arrangement is only able to be delivered to addresses in Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. I will randomly choose a winner on Friday.