1. We will be spending the first week of March in Barbados, courtesy of John’s company! It’s technically a work trip for him, but he will have enough downtime to enjoy the vacation with me. Although I am super excited about the trip, the thought of wearing a bikini in 2 months is somewhat horrifying.
Time for less sugar and more vegetables!
2. I somehow made it though 4 whole days without olive oil in the kitchen. This is a huge deal considering I use olive oil at least once every single day. I finally broke down and stopped off at Whole Foods on my way to nannying last Thursday because I simply needed olive oil for my salad dressing.
It’s highly possible a few people saw me pouring olive oil into a jar while sitting in my car at 9:30 in the morning.
3. John and I recently purchased The Black Keys‘ new album entitled El Camino via iTunes. If you’re a fan of the band, you will love this album. A favorite song of mine: Little Black Submarine <– reminiscent of Led Zeppelin’s Stairway to Heaven.
Listen to the song and you’ll know what I mean.
No, seriously… go listen to the song! It’s awesome.
4. I think Shelby might be having an identity (of species) crisis.
She is obsessed with a little toy mouse stuffed with catnip that was given to Roxie for Christmas.
Poor confused dog.
5. We’re goin’ classic with today’s Back Burner post: Chicken Salad Sandwiches!