1. My parents threw John and me a [coed!] baby shower down in PA this weekend, and it was lovely! It was really more like a party with friends and family than a traditional baby shower; full of good food and great company =).
6 more weeks to go until our little girl is due to come!
2. The incredibly generous guys of Santa Barbara Chocolate Co. sent me a package chock full of fantastic chocolate items to try out.
Included in the mix:
- One 3 lb (!) bag of organic dark chocolate baking discs
- One 3 lb (!) bag of cocoa powder
- Four 3.5 oz organic chocolate bars (milk chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate mocha, & extra dark chocolate)
- Four 1.25 oz organic chocolate bars (2 each milk chocolate & dark chocolate)
- One 20 count box of chocolates
3. Along with being thrilled that Obama was elected back into office for a second term, I’m also giddy that there will be no more political campaign ads. It seemed like there were a lot more this year than other election years, and I will NOT miss them.
4. I made Baked Sweet Potato Chips for The Back Burner this week, and they were gooood.
Sure, it takes a little bit of prep work, but the resulting crispy chips are so worth it. Head on over to get the recipe!