1. This nearly broke my heart.
Here’s a tip: if your iPhone falls into your recliner while you’re lounging around watching T.V., DO NOT push the foot rest down to find it… the hinges will most likely crush the living daylights out of your poor phone.
It still hurts to look at that photo.
2. As serendipitous timing would have it, John is expecting a new 4S to come in the mail for him today… at which time I’ll adopt his 3G. This past week made me realize just how dependent I’ve become on my iPhone.
3. I’m conflicted over how to feel about the end of Daylight Savings. On the one hand, it’s no longer pitch black during my early morning runs. On the other hand, it’s dark by 5:00 p.m.
You win some, you lose some.
4. On Saturday night, we had a mini holiday dinner.
The primary reason was to test two recipes for Key Ingredient… but John and I have been talking for years about making a small Thanksgiving dinner just for the two of us.
This marked my first time ever roasting a whole chicken, and both of us were thrilled with the resulting perfectly tender & juicy meat!
I’m not sure it would have come out so beautifully if I hadn’t used a digital meat thermometer. Seriously, one of the most genius kitchen gadgets ever. You just set the thermometer to the temperature the meat must reach in order to be fully cooked, stick the probe into the chicken (or pork, or turkey, or beef) and roast away; the table-top thermometer will beep when the appropriate interior temperature has been reached, without you having to open the oven (thereby sacrificing heat & steam).
5. If you haven’t already checked out Healthy Aperature – a new food photo site devoted to healthy fare – you really should.
6. Below is a photo of my latest recipe for The Back Burger blog.
Colorful Autumn Quinoa Salad with Cider Vinaigrette. With red quinoa, roasted butternut squash & sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, and a cider dressing, this salad is basically fall-on-a-plate.
Find the recipe here!
7. I’ve got some sweet potato recipes comin’ your way this week ;).