1. Did you watch the vice presidential debate last week? Even if you didn’t tune in, I’m sure you’ve read all about Vice President Biden’s almost constant grinning and chuckling. Even as an Obama/Biden supporter, I found his antics rather obnoxious, and cracked up when I read this quip: “Biden’s teeth are so white, they’re voting for Romney”.
Politically incorrect? Yes. Funny? Absolutely.
2. Speaking of the VPs, (I apologize to any Paul Ryan fans out there), this is hysterical.
3. A quick pregnancy update: As of tomorrow, I will officially be 30 weeks in! Time has flown by, and I get positively giddy every time I think about holding our little baby girl in my arms in a mere 10 weeks =).
I’ve been feeling great, (other than almost daily heartburn episodes), and have maintained my thrice-weekly (or sometimes 4 x per week) long hikes in the woods with Shelby, once weekly prenatal DVD workouts, once weekly prenatal yoga DVD practice, and – for the most part – healthy eating habits. Raw vegetables haven’t been as appealing to me during pregnancy as they were prior, but now that it’s roasting season, I plan to included more veggies into my diet.
I have noticed an increase in my appetite over the past couple of weeks, so I won’t be too surprised if my weight gain starts to pick up (I’m about 15 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight).
John has finished painting the nursery (a gorgeous soft yellow color) and I have two baby showers to attend in early November. I’m looking forward to checking things off of our registry list!
4. I’m falling in love with the town we moved to over the summer. It’s quintessentially New England with a tree-lined main street, small businesses, and a scattering of restaurants.
We were lucky enough to buy a house within walking distance of the town center, so on Saturday night we decided to walk to a Japanese restaurant down the road. I’ve always ordered sushi when out at a Japanese restaurant, but obviously my choices are limited while preggers. I decided on an udon dish with stir-fried veggies and thinly sliced beef, and was super impressed by how fresh and tasty it was!
Lesson learned that entree dishes at Japanese restaurants can be just as good as the sushi.
5. It’s apple week over at The Back Burner, and I’ve concocted a phenomenal sandwich that includes sweet sauteed apples, melted sharp cheddar cheese, and hearty dried fruit- & nut-studded bread.
I loved this Apple Pie Grilled Cheese so much, I’m already planning on making it again sometime this week. Seriously SO GOOD!