1. While on the wait list for BlogHer, I’m looking into alternative/additional revenue opportunities with other ad networks. I currently have a couple of Google AdSense ads running on the blog, and am in the process of setting up an account with BuySellAds.
I welcome any and all suggestions for ad networks that you have had positive experiences with!
2. I was sent a Nature Box – gratis from the company – full of healthy snacks to try.
Included in the box (in no particular order):
- Carrot Chips
- Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Seeds
- Chipotle Maple Almonds
- Country Ranch Peas
- Cinnamon Spiced Granola
The contents of each package I sampled was even more delicious that the last! I didn’t think I’d care for the dried peas, but the tasty ranch flavor and addictive crunch catapulted them to the top of my list. I also really like the almonds: smoky, sweet, and spicy.
I was not asked to provide a review on the blog, but I couldn’t help sharing with you the details about this company. If you sign up for the delivery service, you’ll receive 5 full-sized packs of healthy snacks for $19.95 per month (different snacks every month!). All of the snacks are made without high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, trans fats, and artificial sweeteners/flavors/colors. I was also impressed by the sodium content of the goodies, which is consistently much lower than your typical salty snack.
If you’re looking for a unique holiday gift for a healthy-minded family member or friend, definitely consider a membership with this company!
3. I always want to discuss the most recent Dexter and Homeland episodes on these Monday Musings posts, but to be completely honest I’m typically climbing into bed around 9:00 p.m., right when the former is starting. Can I blame pregnancy hormones on this embarrassingly early bedtime?
If you’re not watching these two shows and you DO have Showtime, then it’s time to get with the program and start catching up on previous seasons via On Demand! If you DON’T have Showtime, then I highly recommend renting previous seasons on Netflix.
4. Lately we’ve been finding Roxie curled up on/in various items meant for the baby we’ll be meeting in a few weeks (getting SO excited!).
Apparently she thinks we suddenly became very generous with the cat beds ;).
5. I grew up celebrating both Christmas and Hanukkah, but somewhere along the way my family stopped lighting the menorah :(.
We never made classic Jewish fare during the eight night holiday, so that is a tradition I would like to start with our burgeoning family. To represent my dad’s side of the family, I’m planning on making a noodle kugel this week. I know latkes are the more traditional food to serve during Hanukkah, but lately I can’t get that is-it-dinner-or-dessert dish out of my head… so noodle kugel it is. Look for the recipe later this week.
Happy Hanukkah to all those who celebrate!