1. According to local channel 7 news, Hurricane Irene wiped out a large percentage of New England’s native pumpkin crop this season; I snapped up two sugar pumpkins (the variety used to make homemade pumpkin puree) on my last trip to Whole Foods, and am contemplating buying – oh, I don’t know – 15 more on my next visit to get me through the fall and well into the winter ;).
2. Despite the muggy and unseasonably warm temperature on Friday, I roasted one of those bad boys because I simply HAD TO HAVE pumpkin puree on hand.
As I’ve promised you, there are many MANY pumpkin recipes to be made in my kitchen; therefore, I absolutely must have pumpkin puree stocked!
3. This is not beer.
This is an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte served in a fancy beer glass, and I can’t seem to get enough of this cold & frothy beverage. Iced coffee is especially refreshing after an early morning run in these warm temperatures we’ve had in New England!
4. Yes, I’ve been consuming copious amounts of pumpkin, but my body is still confused about what season it is; apparently our kitchen counter is as well:
Pumpkins, heirloom tomatoes, and basil… one of these things is not like the others!
5. I finally bought the book that food bloggers have been gushing about for months; good timing, too, as I seem to be having a dry spell with Foodgawker and Tastespotting accepting my photos.
I’m also considering buying a dSLR camera – any suggestions are welcomed! I’d like to stick with either Canon or Nikon, and have heard great things about 50mm f/1.4 lenses.
6. I’m lucky enough to be able to spend an hour or so per week walking & playing with our new neighbors’ puppy, Wally.
Shelby gets pretty jealous of this little wriggly ball of cuteness; but despite how adorable Wally is, Shelby will always be our favorite ;).
7. Did I mention that I have a bunch of pumpkin recipes to share with you? Oh, I did, didn’t I. Another one is comin’ attcha tomorrow!