1. I’ve added two new pages you might want to check out: FAQ and Ingredients. The former is a compilation of questions I’ve received from readers + my answers; the latter is a running list of ingredients I frequently use that might be unfamiliar to some people. I will update both pages as necessary… and if there is anything you’d like me to add, please let me know!
2. Last Saturday night, John and I fell neatly into stereotypical guy/girl roles when deciding where to go out to dinner. He chose takeout burnt ends, brisket, and sausage from Blue Ribbon BBQ, (which, I can attest to, is fantastic – but serves waaaaay too much meat for me), whereas I opted for the Whole Foods salad bar.
Pictured below: Israeli couscous salad, wheat berry salad, quinoa salad, baked tofu, mashed lime sweet potatoes, and a hard-boiled egg over greens.
The salads were as great as ever, but I was less than blown away by the tofu and sweet potatoes. The cook might just have been off his/her game that day, because everything is usually delicious.
2. I tried to make peanut butter chocolate banana pancakes for you, but as is evidenced in this photo, I failed. Horribly.
I’m blaming either the [probably too old] peanut flour or the extra tablespoon of buttermilk I added to the batter to compensate for the extra dry ingredient of cocoa powder.
Kitchen flops are never fun, but you’ve gotta just pick yourself up and get back at it!
4. Although – as you know – I’m super excited for fall, I am still making a concerted effort to appreciate the last signs of summer.
Such as this gorgeous Morning Glory:
Well, what you see here is a breakfast-inspired dessert.
Basically, this was a dessert-worthy cereal & banana milkshake. And it was absolutely delicious!
6. The 16 month old girl I babysit is utterly adorable! She walks at a confident pace these days, has an unparalleled sense of curiosity, and jabbers almost constantly – in an incredibly sweet little voice :).
And she has cuter clothes than I do.
7. Despite #4 above, I have been LOVING the weather over the past few days! I’m a cold-weather girl at heart, and these brisk mornings and cool afternoons have been perfect. It’s almost fall!!