1. Let’s kick off this Monday Musings with the March Bestowed box.
- Vigilant Eats Superfood Oat-Based Cereal (organic & gluten-free): I love the concept of this organic, gluten-free, non-GMO cereal. The packaging + included spoon is convenient for breakfast-on-the-go, and the ingredients are super healthy. You can add cold water, hot water, or milk; making this cereal easy to eat pretty much anywhere. I added hot water since I ate it at home, and the consistency turned out just like my typical bowl of oatmeal. I unfortunately didn’t love the flavor profile; espresso + mulberry + mesquite = a bit too many conflicting tastes for my palate. There is a Coconut Maple Vanilla version that sound incredible, though!
- Justin’s 80-calorie Honey Peanut Butter Squeeze Pack: I’m a long-time fan of Justin’s almond butter, so I was excited to try their peanut butter. Not surprising; it’s every bit as delicious as their almond butter! Creamy, not too sweet, and the perfect portion, these squeeze packs would be perfect to keep in your purse.
- Nothin’ But Lemon Ginger Cashew Premium Snack Bar: I’m not exaggerating when I say that this is most likely the best snack bar I’ve ever tasted. The flavor profile is spot-on… but be careful; one bar is two servings. I could have easily eaten the entire bar in one sitting ;).
- Coromega Omega3 Squeeze Orange 7 Day Pack: I’m not a big supplement person; I take a daily prenatal vitamin, but other than that I prefer to get my nutrients directly from whole foods. If you don’t eat much fish, these orange creamsicle-flavored squeeze packs are easier to stomach than fishy omega-3 pills.
- Reed’s Ginger Chews: I unfortunately overdosed on ginger candy while pregnant (ginger is said to combat nausea), so I only took a quick taste of these candies. They are sweet, spicy, and chewy just as ginger chews should be.
- Stash Tea Organic Lemon Ginger Tea: I’ve liked all of the teas I’ve tried from this brand, and this flavor is no exception. I’m going to save some of the bags for iced tea this summer!
- HelloFresh $40 Gift Card: This company delivers kits with everything you need to prepare healthy and quick meals for your family. I actually reviewed a couple of the kits in this post.
2. I’ve taken up running again (with Lily in tow in the BOB jogging stroller) and I forgot just how much I love it. Even on days that I’m tired from being up multiple times at night with Lil, running makes me feel 10 times better. Yay for endorphins!
3. I was recently sent some products from Ora’s Amazing Herbal to try. The goods I received included:
- Earl Grey Lip Balm
- Chai Spice Lip Balm
- All-purpose Salve
- Blissful Earth Body Powder
- Vanilla Body Powder
I’ve been slathering the all-purpose salve on my winter dry hands, but you can also apply it to scrapes, bug bites, mild burns, and even wrinkles. The fresh rosemary scent makes it perfect for keeping on hand in the kitchen. The lip balms are a bit on the dry side, but the natural aromas are a nice departure from typical drugstore varieties. I’ve been using the Blissful Earth powder as a deodorant; I’m not sure how well it would work in the summer, but for now it’s perfect. Finally, the vanilla powder has earned its own place on Lily’s changing table; I’ve never used baby powder on her during diaper changes, but I’m making an exception for this one because the ingredients are so pure and the warm vanilla scent is mild.
4. There’s snow forecasted for MA this week. Seriously? Just, no.