1. For some as-of-yet unknown reason, my homepage hasn’t been loading properly. The right sidebar does not show up, and the post gets cut off. I am working on figuring out what the issue is, so in the meantime please accept my apologies and bear with me!
2. I haven’t been this excited about a book in a while.
Dennis Lehane is one of my favorite authors, (his previous works include Shutter Island, Gone Baby Gone, Mystic River, and Moonlight Mile amongst others) and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into his new novel!
Anyone read it yet?
3. The weatherfolk are calling for snow on Christmas here in Massachusetts, and I reeeaaallly hope they’re right! There’s just nothing like a white Christmas :).
John’s parents and sister are coming up for the holiday, and we’re planning on luxuriating in a lazy couple of days with plenty of good food.
4. A friend of mine posted a link to The 25 Funniest AutoCorrects 0f 2012 on Facebook last week, and reading through the list sent John and I into fits of hysterical laughter. Be forewarned that the majority of them are incredibly inappropriate and crass… but that is precisely what make them so funny.
Number 10 is by far my favorite.
5. John took about 2 1/2 weeks off from work in anticipation of our baby’s arrival, and it has been SO incredibly nice to have him at home!
He offered to make dinner on Saturday night, and the result was fantastic. He marinated chicken in a delicious spicy mixture, grilled it to juicy perfection, and stuffed it into tortillas with pepperjack cheese and cilantro. The composed quesadillas were grilled until crispy on the outside & gooey on the inside and served with grilled pineapple salsa & guacamole.
I’ve read/heard that both spicy food and pineapple can help to naturally induce labor… although I didn’t go into labor the next day the meal was definitely tasty!
6. Seeing as tomorrow is not only Christmas, but also my due date, there’s a chance that I might not be posting for a little while. If I go MIA, that most likely means that we’re finally meeting our baby!