Or, if you prefer, peanut butter with chocolate sandwich cookies, pretzels, dried cranberries, and white chocolate, dark chocolate, & peanut butter chips.
There seems to be an ever-expanding array of flavored peanut butters on stores’ shelves, many of which I’ve tried and enjoyed. I finally decided to take the plunge and try my own hand at putting together a peanut butter jam packed with tasty goodies.
For the base of this delicious concoction, I used an unsalted & unsweetened organic peanut butter (in other words, the only ingredient is organic peanuts); you could certainly make your own, but if buying I recommend not using a sweetened or flavored peanut butter as you want a blank canvas.
I had fun digging through the pantry in pursuit of add-ins. Here’s what I came up with:
How could these ingredients mixed together be anything other than amazing?!
Want a snack? Dig in with a spoon.
I kid… I kid.
But not really.
On a spoon is actually the best way to eat this loaded peanut butter, but melting into hot oatmeal or spread on warm toast is also pretty incredible.
Crunchy, creamy, salty, sweet, chewy, and chocolaty… this everything-but-the-kitchen-sink peanut butter hits all the right notes.
Feel free to adjust the recipe according to what you have on hand. Sub in any cookies you may have lying around, salted nuts or seeds, and raisins if you prefer.
Kitchen Sink Peanut Butter
*I eyeballed the measurements for the add-ins – just use however much (or little) of each ingredient you’d like!
- 1 cup natural unsalted and unsweetened peanut butter, such as Trader Joe’s Organic Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter, stirred well to incorporate any oil that may be sitting on top
- ~ 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- ~ 1/4 cup finely chopped pretzel pieces, such as Newman’s Own Organic Spelt Pretzels
- ~ 1/4 cup finely crushed sandwich cookies, (about 2 cookies), such as Newman-O’s
- ~ 2 Tbsp apple juice sweetened dried cranberries (I buy these from Whole Foods)
- ~ 1 Tbsp grain sweetened (or semi-sweet) chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
- ~ 1 Tbsp all-natural white chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
- ~ 1 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter chips, such as Sunspire
- Spoon peanut butter into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in rest of the ingredients and stir until well-mixed.