Okay, so adding spinach to smoothies isn’t exactly ground-breaking, but I’m finally jumping on the bandwagon and this is my contribution to the wide array of green smoothie recipes out there.
I promise you that all you will taste in this smoothie is banana and peanut butter – no spinach whatsoever. If the color freaks you out, serve the smoothie in a non-translucent receptacle… but I happen to love the vibrant green hue. It’s a reminder of how amazingly healthy this dessert-like breakfast really is!
I think this will become a staple for me this summer =).
Green PB & Banana Smoothie
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Keywords: breakfast snack vegetarian spinach greek yogurt oatmeal
Ingredients (1 smoothie)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used organic 1%)
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen overnight
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0%)
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 big handfuls washed & dried baby spinach
- a few dashes ground cinnamon, optional
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until very smooth.
369.7 calories, 10.8 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 7.1 grams fiber, 22.3 grams protein