Our little goblin (I mean that in an endearing way) turns 10 months old today; just in time for Halloween!
My mom made an adorable little chef costume for Lily, and although she obviously won’t be trick-or-treating this year, it was fun to dress her up and take some photos last weekend.
I’m actually really glad Lily has yet to comprehend the concept of candy, as I would much rather she eat a healthy smoothie on Halloween. This one is jam packed with nutrients, and its green hue is perfect for the occasion.
Yogurt provides the body of the smoothie, banana lends sweetness, avocado gives a creamy richness, baby spinach adds the green color + added nutrients, and a bit of pumpkin puree is tossed in for fun as a nod to the season.
Lily was a little distracted at first by the leaves blowing around on the deck…
… and then the mini gourds caught her attention…
… but eventually she discovered the delicious smoothie and spent the next few minutes happily sucking it down :).
Ghoulish Green Halloween Smoothie for Baby
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Keywords: blender breakfast snack vegetarian avocado banana pumpkin spinach Kwanzaa Halloween fall
Ingredients (1-2 servings)
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt, preferably organic
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 small avocado, peeled & pitted
- 1 handful baby spinach, preferably organic
- breastmilk, water, non-dairy milk, or cow’s milk (if baby is over 1) to thin, if necessary
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add liquid to thin if necessary.