The creative geniuses responsible for the scrumptious peanut butter flavors offered by Peanut Butter & Co. have my undying admiration and affection. Dark Chocolate Dreams. Mighty Maple. The Bee’s Knees. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. Although all of the varieties are decadent, sweet, and downright delicious, my favorite pick from the peanut butter pantry is White Chocolate Wonderful. I know there are some who dislike white chocolate – either because of its intense sweetness or because it isn’t technically chocolate – but I am a shameless fan of the creamy confection. Combine luscious white chocolate with rich peanut butter and I go weak at the knees…
Make cookies featuring the exquisite flavor combination and I swoon.
These cookies have just enough white chocolate flavor to keep from being cloyingly sweet. Peanut butter contributes a slight crispness to the outside of the cookies, but they are soft enough to practically melt in your mouth.
I’m afraid these two-bite treats aren’t destined to last very long in our kitchen…
Flourless White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
yields 10-12 cookies
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful creamy peanut butter (or other creamy peanut butter – see note*)
- 2 Tbsp Sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-natural white chocolate chips (such as Sunspire)
*Note: The white chocolate peanut butter I used is quite sweet; therefore, if you are using regular ol’ creamy peanut butter, you might want to increase the amount of granulated sweetener to 1/4 cup (or more to suit your palate).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter through vanilla extract.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, spoon batter onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the cookies are lightly golden brown, but still soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet, then cool completely on a wire rack.