This is one of my go-to veggie side dishes for those nights I don’t feel like putting much energy into preparing an elaborate accompaniment to the main course.
A cinch to prepare, this cauliflower emerges from the oven tender with a crisp exterior. The key to achieving the caramelization is cutting the cauliflower into thick slices – rather than florets – in order to expand the surface area that makes contact with the hot baking sheet. Any type of accoutrement (a grating of fresh parmesan cheese perhaps) would be a welcomed addition to the roasted cauliflower, but it is quite delicious unadorned.
If you think you don’t like cauliflower, I would bet money that this cooking technique will change your mind!
Crispy Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- olive oil cooking spray
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower crossways into 1-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the cauliflower slices onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and coat with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until browned and crisp.