Yes, I love healthy foods such as wild Alaskan salmon, zucchini, Greek yogurt, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and just about every fruit under the sun; but I have a very intimate relationship with any dessert that features cookies & cream. I don’t recall when this bond was formed, but I do know it won’t easily be broken.
And why on earth would I want it to?
These Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches are such a cinch to put together, I’m almost embarrassed to call this a “recipe”. It’s really more of a simple method, which can be altered to suit your taste (perhaps Roasted Banana Soft Serve tucked into a peanut butter sandwich cookie is more up your alley?).
Perhaps what I love most about these ice cream sandwiches is their petit stature. These mini treats are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, but won’t weigh you down and fill you out like the monstrous Chipwich. I made a bunch of the little ice cream sandwiches and stored them in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer. You can make as many or as few as you’d like, which is why I neglected to specify ingredient quantities below.
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches
- chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as original Newman-O’s or Back to Nature Classic Creme Cookies
- cookies & cream “lighter” ice cream or fro-yo, such as Cookies ‘N Cream dairy-free soy ice cream from The Vegan Scoop or Stonyfield Organic Cookies ‘n Cream Frozen Yogurt
- Twist cookies apart and lay on a plate.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or a small spoon, scoop a bit of soy ice cream or fro-yo onto the cream-filled side of each sandwich cookie. Replace the remaining cookies on top, and gently press down to form an ice cream sandwich.
- Transfer assembled ice cream sandwiches to the freezer and enjoy whenever the craving strikes!