Included in this dish are three of my five favorite foods, rendering this recipe perfect for posting on my birthday (the big 2-8)!
Toss in some chocolate and peanut butter, and I’d be set for life.
These are so simple!
Step 1: bake sweet potatoes until tender.
Step 2: blend/process together avocado and goat cheese.
Step 3: pile the luscious pale green crema on top of the vibrantly hued orange sweet potatoes.
Step 4: devour.
Do I even have to spell out how perfect these flavors are together? Not to mention the play of cool and creamy against warm and velvety.
Sweet + rich + tangy + creamy + warm + cool = ♥. Pure and simple.
I’m considering it a birthday gift to myself ;).
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Avocado & Goat Cheese Cream
yield: two servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 ripe large avocado
- 2 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- water to thin crema, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub and dry sweet potatoes. Pierce potatoes a few times with a knife or fork. Lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place seasoned potatoes onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until soft, about 45-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, goat cheese, and citrus juice in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy, streaming in water (1 tablespoon at a time) until desired consistency is reached (I used just 1 tbsp). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are done, slice them lengthwise and top with avocado & goat cheese crema.