Before we kick off the new year, I though I’d share some favorite recipes from Healthy Food For Living over the past year. I’ve noticed that this has become a popular post topic for food bloggers, and I thought it would be fun to do one myself :).
Let’s start with the top 10 most-viewed posts from 2010, shall we?
Here we go!
- Taco Calzones with Avocado Cream: Crisp pizza dough crust, tasty taco meat & veggie filling, and cool & creamy avocado cream for dipping. The perfect Mexican/Italian hybrid!
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Bars: A delicious hand-held cheesecake bar packed full of cookies & cream goodness. Just decadent enough.
- Apple Cinnamon Brown Rice Pudding: Comforting, filling, nutritious, and – of course – delicious! I love the warm flavors and satiating power of this rice pudding.
- Pumpkin Mac & Cheese: One of my favorites as well. I’m actually glad John doesn’t like pumpkin, because that means more yummy leftovers for me ;). I absolutely adored this silky pumpkin cheese sauce!
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls (Vegan): Inspired by a few other food bloggers, these vegan cinnamon rolls are tasty enough to appease those that love eggs and butter in their baked goods.
- Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Mango & Avocado Salsa: A delightful warm-weather meal when corn and mangoes are at their prime! The play of spicy and sweet together is fantastic.
- Jam-Filled Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins: The muffins are soft, fluffy, slightly sweet, and sure to please both kids and adults alike.
- Potato Pesto Pizza: I was inspired to make this from a pie John and I enjoyed at a local pizza joint. There are infinite possibilities when it comes to pizza toppings, but this is one I will come back to time and time again.
- Cherries & Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars: Forget all of the sugar- and fat-laden granola bars; these strike the ideal balance between healthy and delicious.
- Flourless White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies: Not just for those avoiding gluten… anyone who loves peanut butter and white chocolate will adore these cookies!
Here are some of my favorite recipes, in no particular order:
- Mocha Brownies: I want one right now. End of story.
- Spiced Sweet Potato Ice Cream: As you probably know, sweet potatoes and I have a very special relationship. I put them into just about anything… yes, even dessert!
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers: Again with a hybrid recipe ;). I created these with John in mind – the man loves burgers and adores chicken parmesan. Let’s just say he was more than happy with the results!
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream (Vegan): Mmmmm. MMMMMmmmm. I LOVED this vegan ice cream. It truly tasted like carrot cake in ice cream form. I might need to create a cream cheese drizzle to adorn it next time.
- Purple Cow Frozen Yogurt: Can you beat that gorgeous color?! Berries galore went into this frozen yogurt, as did both white and dark chocolate chips. Perfect on a hot summer afternoon… or anytime, really.
- Individual Mint Chocolate Cheesecakes: If you like mint & chocolate together, you MUST make these individual cheesecakes! The crisp cookie “crust” was a fantastic textural contrast to the dense & creamy cheesecake filling.
- Pumpkin Pie White Chocolate Cups: I was (and still am) pretty darn proud about this original creation. Who needs store-bought candy when you can make your own – better! – version at home?!
- Carrot Cake Sandwich: Yes, again with a carrot cake-inspired recipe. But this one is fit for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
- Sweet Potato Pecan Cinnamon Rolls [Vegan]: I could wake up to these vegan cinnamon rolls every morning for the duration of fall :). The orange sweet potato glaze put the rolls over the top!
- Autumn Date and Walnut Bread: Good memories attached to this bread… I made it the same weekend John, Shelby and I spent a glorious autumn weekend out in the Berkshires. The loaf is hearty, moist & sweet, and makes for a great snack, breakfast, or hiking fuel!
Ok, now I’m hungry.
I’m also filled with gratitude that I have such amazing readers. Thank YOU for your encouraging & supportive comments – I enjoy reading each and every one, so keep ’em coming! Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve, and I will see you back here in 2011 for an exciting announcement ;).